Author Topic: Prestone Brake Clean Parts Cleaner  (Read 29341 times)

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Prestone Brake Clean Parts Cleaner
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 02:59:37 PM »
Will do Marty.  Should have everything is stock!

My NAPA store called me back and told me that this product is discontinued.  Back to the drawing borad.  I'll have to call this woman manager and see what she tells me.  I cannot believe that it is discontinued.  The saga continues.........

Jerry

IZRSSS

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 03:49:32 PM »
I'm not really sure what to say other than my local Walmart will be getting some in soon.  Have you tried your local Walmart? I would speak to the Parts Mgr. and give him the part# AS305. It might take him a while but they are pretty good about following through.

As soon as the cleaner arrives at this store I will post a pic (if its the right stuff). When I questioned the guy I asked him to read me the label and to describe the can. Certainly appears to be right.

Petes L48

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 04:28:21 PM »
There's a few AutoZone's in Maryland - Frederick, Silver Spring, Laurel etc.  If you go to their website you can run a store locator that gives each store's phone #.  I was surprised Advance Auto doesn't carry it, as they have most other Prestone products.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2010, 04:38:33 PM »
Marty,

That's where I used to buy it and now it's not there anymore.  Have not had it for over a year.  Only the CRC stuff now and it's NG.

Jerry

IZRSSS

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2010, 07:02:56 PM »
Jerry,

I phoned Hanover MD Walmart, (410)579-8725. Spoke to the parts Mgr., Malinda. She stated that she will speak to her Mgr., Cherry Williams to see if she will grant permission to order the PHDBC. Malinda stated they stopped ordering PHDBC because it didn't sell. If you add a little fuel to the fire I think you can make it happen.

You might mention that you spoke to Honeywell Corporation and tell them they are on their list as one of Honeywell's suppliers. This seems to motivate them.  I mentioned your name and mentioned that you will buy this stuff by the cases. They already have the information they need to place the order. They placed a call to my Walmart here in NM to get the information. This store should have it in by tomarrow or Monday.

Just a thought, but why not tell Cherry you will send her the $ and have the stuff sent to your address...not sure if this will work but its worth a shot.

Take a break from burning the tires at both ends & give her a call  :).

Marty
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 08:32:13 PM by IZRSSS »

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 10:09:43 PM »
If you can order it from the Walmart web site they will deliver to your local store with no shipping fees.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2010, 11:33:30 PM »
I'll try ordering it this weekend..........we have a benefit in-door car show in Baltimore this weekend but I should be able to make time to do it.  If not for sure on Monday!

thanks!

Jerry

IZRSSS

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2010, 04:26:50 PM »
Jerry,

The Prestone BC arrived at my NM Walmart store. I spoke to the Manager and Tom is exactly right. All you have to do is log onto the Walmart site. The order is called..."Walmart Site to Store". Once you place your order, it will be shipped to the Walmart store of your choice.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2010, 03:44:49 AM »
Marty,

I'm on the site now www.walmart.com and cannot find this link that you say is Walmart Site To Store.  Can you run me through this slowly?

I want to order several cases.

Thanks,

Jerry

IZRSSS

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2010, 12:24:33 PM »
I see what you mean about this site. Give me some time and I'll get back to you.

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 02:36:16 PM »
Thanks Marty,

I was trying to figure it out for about an hour and then gave up.

Jerry

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2010, 03:09:48 PM »
Marty,

E-mail me direct, z28camaroman@juno.com and maybe we can figure this out.  I can't.  Dan sent me a link and I still don't see how to order and add to carts.

Jerry

IZRSSS

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2010, 03:28:06 PM »
I am waiting for a call back from my NM store. This time I will be speaking with the store manager and not the department mgr. I intend to have him walk me through this order process. He will be calling me around 10:00am.

IZRSSS

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2010, 06:47:11 PM »
Jerry,

According to my W-Store Mrg. you have these three options to place an order;

• Prestone: 1-800-580-1066
  • Honeywell: 1-800-890-2075
  • Have your Walmart Special Order

The Assistant Mgr was wrong, this product cannot be ordered, "Site to Store".

I will PM you the rest...

Marty
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 08:09:31 PM by IZRSSS »

IZRSSS

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2010, 06:43:30 PM »
Jerry,

I received a phone call from Bud, the Walmart Mgr. here at one of my NM stores. He telephoned your Hanover Walmart & spoke to Cherry Williams. All you have to do is call either Cherry or Malinda [(410)579-8725] sometime around mid morning tomarrow and they will order as much as you need. Be sure to mention Bud.

Let me know if it works out for you so I can shoot Walmart Honchos/Brass an email to plug Bud.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 07:46:28 PM by IZRSSS »