Author Topic: original titles  (Read 3557 times)

fireZ

• View Profile
original titles
« on: November 15, 2010, 08:25:30 PM »
I have a 68 camaro that was brought up from the states into Canada 7 years ago.I found out the fellow that brought the car into Canada did not have all the export paperwork done. I have the car in my name but the problem is the original title was never with the car just a photocopy. Customs says without the original title from 1968 the export papers cannot be processed. Any thoughts.
1968 Z28 LA Built
LIC # RPO Z28

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
Re: original titles
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 08:43:00 PM »
If you have, or can get the contact info from the seller before it went to Canada, I would start there.  If they do not have the original title, they may be able to get a duplicate from their state DMV.  If you do not have thatinfo,  you may be able to request an official title directly from the state DMV based on the photocopy. Each state DMV does business differently, but that would be a starting point. Sometimes a polite call (or several) to the DMV may lead you the a solution.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

fireZ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 08:51:52 PM »
Thanks for the idea. The car was from California so I will try that first. Border office seems to be no help at this point.Apparantly the car is fine to drive in Canada but I could not take it across the border or sell it to an american .
1968 Z28 LA Built
LIC # RPO Z28

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 03:21:12 PM »
Thanks for the idea. The car was from California so I will try that first. Border office seems to be no help at this point.Apparantly the car is fine to drive in Canada but I could not take it across the border or sell it to an american .

I've bought several cars from Canada, and all U.S. Customs needed was the signed Canadian Registration and a signed Bill Of Sale with the price on it. As long as the car was built in the U.S. and over 25 years old, there are no other requirements.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

fireZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 07:16:45 PM »
I have sent you a private message John
1968 Z28 LA Built
LIC # RPO Z28