Author Topic: Looking for a few parts  (Read 7444 times)

bobvickers

• View Profile
Looking for a few parts
« on: May 09, 2006, 05:03:59 PM »
We are restoring a 67 SS-350 coupe and are looking for a few parts.

1. We believe the SS models had a unique hood. The existing hood appears to be off a 68/69 Z car as it
    has the 302 emblem.

2. We believe the carberator was a Rochester. It has a Holley spread bore on it now.

3. We haven't found details of the air cleaner as yet. What's on there now appears to come off a Z car
    as well. we seen a 69 Z last week with what appears to be the same unit. 

Thanks in advance

Bob
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 05:10:43 PM by bobvickers »

gro51

• 68 SS/RS 350
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a few parts
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 06:20:15 PM »
Classic Industries has the repro hood which is correct for the SS ornaments.  $219.

www.classicindustries.com
Joe
Schodack, NY

'68 SS/RS 350, M21, 3:73, Rallye Green, Black Deluxe Interior

gro51

• 68 SS/RS 350
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 06:26:04 PM »
The correct carb would be a Rochester 4mv.  Someone else in this forum will be able to get you the part # I'm sure.

As far as the original air cleaner, good luck!  I think it's pretty unique and hard to find.  To my knowledge no one reproduces it.  It's a black base with the snorkel facing the driver's side.  The top is chrome with the red 350 sticker.  (the stickers are readily available from classic industries and others.)
Joe
Schodack, NY

gro51

• 68 SS/RS 350
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 06:27:50 PM »
Also, on the SS hood, the springs are different from the standard hood.  Make sure you get the right ones.
Joe
Schodack, NY

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 12:19:37 PM »
If you are restoring and haven't already, get a copy of Colvin's Chevrolet by the Numbers, 1965 -1969.  http://www.camaros.org/geninfo.shtml#InfoSources
From that you would know that there are multiple possibilities for a 4MV.  To get an exact # you also need to know things like transmission, A.I.R., special performance, etc.
Try Rick's for the air cleaner.  http://www.firstgen.com/.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

RickH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 05:21:37 PM »
The correct carb would be a Rochester 4mv. Someone else in this forum will be able to get you the part # I'm sure.

As far as the original air cleaner, good luck! I think it's pretty unique and hard to find. To my knowledge no one reproduces it. It's a black base with the snorkel facing the driver's side. The top is chrome with the red 350 sticker. (the stickers are readily available from classic industries and others.)

The aircleaner and the chrome lid are both available through reproduction. Also if you do not care about originality go to your local auto parts store and buy a remanufactured carb. They are still available as well.

Rick H.

Pacecarjeff

• View Profile
    • pacecarjeff.com
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2006, 05:29:22 PM »
Everything you need is available from the resto houses. Classic is among the most expensive.
Try D&R for your needs. That is who I use.

www.drclassic.com

;D