CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 08:09:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97497 Posts in 11718 Topics by 4581 Members
Latest Member: Cooper48
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Maintenance
| | |-+  68 Power disk brakes problem
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print
Author Topic: 68 Power disk brakes problem  (Read 2428 times)
Ed Bertrand
CRG Member

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2010, 12:02:27 AM »

Okay, here's an update... Got the calipers back from Vette Brakes and installed them last Wednesday, and so far so good (knock wood)! Haven't driven the car a lot, so not a good test until we do, but the pedal feels great and they stop on a dime and give nine cents change!

Keep our fingers crossed...

Ed

Ed Bertrand
CRG Member
Petes L48

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 11:46:38 AM »

I can't explain it as good as he can, but basically you have to make sure your rotors are true to .003" or you could have problems. And you have to have them turned as an "assembly" (hub and rotor), or you won't get accurate results. Not so much an issue on the Camaro one piece rotors, but difficult on the original Camaro/Corvette two piece "hub and rotor" assemblies.

Ed

Ed - do you know of any source for new rotors for a 67-68 two piece setup?  I recently rediscovered my original two piece rotor hubs and would like to go back to stock, without having to buy the entire repopped hub/rotor assembly just to get a rotor.
Petes L48

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2010, 11:52:28 AM »

If you send the calipers out for rebuild, make sure they don't grind down the casting # area to restamp with their own internal number.  Hopefully rebuilders today know not to do this, but I have seen some older rebuilds where this was done. 
Ed Bertrand
CRG Member

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »

Ed - do you know of any source for new rotors for a 67-68 two piece setup?

No, unfortunately you have to get the hub and rotor assembly. I don't know of anyone selling just the rotor.

Ed

Ed Bertrand
CRG Member
Pages: 1 [2]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: