CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2014, 03:33:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
97540 Posts in 11719 Topics by 4581 Members
Latest Member: Cooper48
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Maintenance
| | |-+  RS Headlamps trouble shooting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RS Headlamps trouble shooting  (Read 764 times)
jacmac

View Profile Email
« on: October 30, 2010, 12:37:37 PM »

Im in the process of figuring out my headlamp doors,I think I know the problem. The headlamp switch seems fine I pull out the switch & vac is cut off at the orange hose.At the vac relay I have vac on the green nozzle with the switch" in the "normal" position.That will close the doors & keep them closed.When I push the switch to the open position I still have vac on the green nozzle & no vac on the red nozzle.That tells me the vac relay is bad. Correct? Also if I put vac on the green hose from the vac relay"by passing vac resovoir & vac relay" I still have vac on the red hose & vice versa.That tells me I have a leak in the actuators too.If I hold my thumb over the opposite hose im not vacuumizing & release my thumb the doors will move,not all the way but if I continue to do that they will open or close all the way.This sounds like I have a bad vacuum relay  & bad actuators does this sound correct?

69 Z10,72 corvette
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: