My Rochester Quadrajet needs the following work:
1) Fix the damaged threads on the fuel inlet.
2) Spot-face the gasket sealing area on the fuel inlet (there is s slight nick in it currently).
3) Install bushings in the primary throttle shaft bores to get rid of shaft play.
4) I would also like to have the correct green Teflon coated shafts re-installed in the carburetor. The originals were sandblasted & plated by a previous restorer, and I would like to get it back to being as correct as possible.
5) I would like to send the carburetor out to someone who can perform this work and give the old q-jet a once-over to ensure that it is in proper working order.
Right now, I am considering the following restorers:
1) Cliff's High Performance (www.cliffshighperformance.com
2) Jim McGowan / The Quad Shop (www.thequadshop.net
Does anyone have any recommendations or feedback on these shops? Whoever I send it to will need to be able to source a set of good original condition correct green shafts.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.