Author Topic: '69 Space Saver Spare  (Read 38727 times)

IZRSSS

Re: '69 Space Saver Spare
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 06:29:54 PM »
Again William, there are people who care if they didn't this thread wouldn't be red flagged!  I care and so do the other '69 owners that were lucky enough to have in their car this rare option!  

AS FOR YOU WYKOFF...THE ONLY TIME YOU WEIGH IN ON ANY OF MY THREADS IS TO SLING MUD...CAPTIAN!  As they say...it is what it is...get over it!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 07:07:39 PM by IZRSSS »

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 08:15:28 PM »
Now that someone does care, why don't you lead the charge? Gain all the info there is on the option and you can be the source.

As for WYKOFF, I'm quite comfortable with my 35 years of contribution to the hobby. I regularly receive pms and always help out where I can. You don't like my style, boo-hoo.
Learning more and more about less and less...

IZRSSS

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 08:54:57 PM »
I have done exactly that, "lead the charge".  Just waiting to here back from perhaps the only source that can help.  As for your style, I think its commendable... except when you take shots, "NO ONE CARES"...

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 11:27:29 PM »
IZRSSS,
I feel your frustration, but with 409 views on your thread I do not think that people do not care. I think that because you have a rare N65 option and with only approx. 3,000 built there will only be a handful of survivors. I have a 67 that never had your N65 option and I am interested in your problem. So, there are people who care but do not have the answers. Keep up the charge, find the answers and let us know , we will still be interested.
Bob

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 11:36:05 PM »
I misunderstood and owe the captain an apology.

Sorry John.
Learning more and more about less and less...

IZRSSS

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 12:18:38 AM »
Thanks Bob!  I needed that one... ;D

There is one source I am currently working with and I trust if anyone can help it will be them.  Darrin with Coker Tire has all the information he needs to research the tire and he has collaborated with me several times.  He in turn has forwarded this information to the Head of Development and I trust an answer will be had shortly.  

The information they have is relevent to my tire and it is only a bases for discovery.  If you have been keeping up, J has also supplied important information concerning his tire and if it becomes necessary I plan to forward J's information as well.  However, my hopes is that Coker's information is complete and this won't be necessary.  

The other hurdle will be...will they let me post this information.  I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Thanks again!  

Gramps69Z

• 69 X33 D80
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2010, 12:38:20 AM »
 William, like I stated it was a misunderstanding and I hope you see my point now.   :)   

Thanks again and be safe.  :)
Captain John Wykoff
Destin Fire:   October 31, 2015 at 0700--Officially Retired

IZRSSS

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2010, 12:43:35 AM »
Never mind...WYKOFF retracted...thanks WYKOFF ;)

IZRSSS

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 01:43:28 AM »
Now that someone does care, why don't you lead the charge? Gain all the info there is on the option and you can be the source.

As for WYKOFF, I'm quite comfortable with my 35 years of contribution to the hobby. I regularly receive pms and always help out where I can. You don't like my style, boo-hoo.

I think I owe you an apology William.  I thought the "boo-hoo" was for me... :-[!
If it wasn't my sincere apologies!!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 02:09:37 AM by IZRSSS »

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 04:37:39 AM »
Wow, did this spiral out of control for a while! Nice that it came back to center.
Marty, realize that on this site the tone is generally such that personal attacks don't happen. So, don't take posts personally.
Bill can be brief, but he's knowledgeable. Part of his point is that it's real hard to verify the originality of accessories like spares and jacks.
Kurt S
CRG

IZRSSS

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2010, 11:39:40 AM »
Point well taken! Another case of testosterone run ramped.

Perhaps we can all benefit from an Australian Hybrid  :o.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 12:31:09 PM by IZRSSS »

Jeremiah

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 04:23:33 AM »
I remember everyone pulling the spare tires out of the trunk and it had nothing to do with it being a space saver or full size. Although it was well placed dead weight most people still considered unecessary weight and it also took up close to half the trunk space. People are lazy also... if the spare was ever used half the time it never made it back into the trunk.

69 SS/RS Hugger orange-Ivory houndstooth, endura.
69 RS Conv. Black/Black-Ivory interior, endura, DX1.

IZRSSS

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2010, 11:13:45 PM »
This is what I've found on the Pontiac site...Kurt was right it was standard. At least we're getting somewhere.

http://www.pontiacforum.com/pontiac/showthread.php?p=46157&posted=1#post46157

Still waiting on Coker.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 12:39:02 AM by IZRSSS »

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2010, 09:17:09 PM »

Still waiting on Coker.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Coker - they don't make a reproduction Space-Saver; nobody but the original supplier has ever made them.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

IZRSSS

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2010, 09:49:58 PM »
John...I don't claim to be an expert by any stretch of the imagination but even I am not that naive. A company as highly regarded as this should have one of the most extensive data bases on more tires than we care to imagine. This is the only reason I chose to start with them.

You could be right on the "holding my breath" part though, and I appreciate your answer. I did not know this about the original supplier.

Lucas is another noted tire manufacturer so I think I'll shoot them an email as well. If I get enough of these out there maybe something will finally surface.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 10:56:59 PM by IZRSSS »

anything