Author Topic: Need 69 Camaro buying advice  (Read 11309 times)

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
Re: Need 69 Camaro buying advice
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2010, 12:20:45 AM »
Something else, with the price some of these cars are going for today, there are a number of fraudulent sellers trying to sell you more car than they really have. Before you drop big bucks on that special car, think about having an expert check it for you. The inspection could save you thousands if it helps you avoid a problem purchase. Do some reading on this site, get one and enjoy it.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

69houdini

• 69 SS X55 Butternut Vert / 68 Z28 Rally Green
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2010, 02:49:49 AM »
I'd take a serious look at the black and gold LM1 numbers matching 69. Way better than your first choice but only my opinion at least you know what your starting with. Look it up.

babaron

• 1969 L78 convertble
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 11:55:56 AM »
Sounds like you've thought this through. In that case, the most important thing to remember is to make sure the car is mechanically sound.  Since you've said you are not a gearhead, it will be extremely important to take a mechanic with you to inspect the car before buying.  If that is not feasible for you, then consider an online service that will send a local mechanic for you to do an independent inspection.  They usually run $275-350 or so. Here is one link to check out if you like.

http://www.cars-on-line.com/insp-1stpg.html

Also, remeber these cars are over 40 years old.  Even if they are sound when you buy them, they will need periodic maintenence and repair much more frequently that a modern car, especially if you are using it as a driver. 

Hope this was helpful.

Ron
Enjoy Life!

wubomber

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 06:05:14 PM »
I have noticed the owner of this Camaro keeps on lowering his "Buy It Now" price. Looks like he really wants to unload the vehicle for some reason. I am going to pass on this one and be patient and keep looking for the right one for me.