Author Topic: parts too good to throw away  (Read 3356 times)

mikefam

• View Profile
parts too good to throw away
« on: September 23, 2010, 03:27:26 PM »
I have a few body parts that I think are too good to throw away but don't have space to store and have no immediate use for. I believe that they are all OEM because they came from my car that I bought in 1987.

Front fender set (weld patches and surface rust)
radiator support (welded patch)
front upper valance (good)
cowl vent (good)
trunk lid (fair)

The fenders and radiator support have surface rust and have weld repair patches but are solid. The trunk has a dent and a little rust in a seam. The valance and vent are nice but need to be stripped.

The parts are in Connecticut for pick up only. Come and see them and make me an offer - I need the space.

Mike.
68 Convertible w/327 275hp donor engine from a 67 Impala and TH350

mikefam

• View Profile
Re: parts too good to throw away
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 05:00:29 PM »
I'd also appreciate some guidance on what this stuff is worth. It's all available in aftermarket so I question if it's worth the space that it takes up and may just junk it if I can't find a home for it before the snow flies.

Mike.

My68SS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 06:34:31 PM »
Mike, put up some pics if you can. I'm sure their will be someone that can linish them back to like new again.
Rob
1968 12C SS
L34/M40
12 bolt posi 3.55

mikefam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 09:12:05 PM »
The parts are very usable and looked good on my car last year. I had the body professionally done over last winter and I replaced them because it was cheaper to buy new aftermarket fenders than to pay to have the originals stripped and repaired. I'm not sure that it was the right decision but it is done. I might even hang on to the radiator support because the aftermarket one just sucks compared to the original in the gauge of the steel and the location of all of the holes for mounting things. I'll see what I can do about posting some photos.

Mike.

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 11:50:41 PM »
You can ask at Team Camaro. They have a WIW section and a classified section. CRG is not really a sales oriented site. There are those who want repairable GM parts. Put them on C.list too.