Author Topic: Rec. source for door and interior parts?  (Read 2887 times)

j-rho

• View Profile
Rec. source for door and interior parts?
« on: October 05, 2010, 07:12:15 PM »
Hello,
Getting into the restoration on my '67 coupe.

The car's passenger door is perfect, it opens and closes like new.  I see on the door itself, a big GM stamp pressed into the metal.  The driver's door however, sticks and rattles, the outer skin wobbles, it's a mess, no GM stamp.  I can see inside a sticker, I think it said "Classic Industries".  Considering the lack of the GM stamp on the inner portion, I'm going to guess the whole door was replaced - does Classic Industries make a good door?  At this point I can't tell if it is a good part put together poorly or just a bad part.  Is there a replacement door I could get that matched the quality of the OEM door?  Or somewhere with NOS stuff?

I also need to replace pretty much the whole interior, and all the wiring.  Everything I have now is stinky, worn out, or both.  I'm not as finicky on this stuff as I am on the door, but would like suggestions for a place that offered good value for those components.

Oh, last thing - how do I get the window crank and door latch pulls off?  I've got the whole drivetrain out and front half of the car in pieces, but I can't figure out how to get the door panels off...  ???

Thanks!!!!!
Jason

qwertyme77

• View Profile
Re: Rec. source for door and interior parts?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 04:50:36 AM »
window crank tool, about $5 to $9. I think sears sells them as well as parts stores. see video below. still uses the same clip today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnmPVf4KNcw

flyingskibiker

• View Profile
Re: Rec. source for door and interior parts?
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 01:58:44 AM »
Classic Industries is a parts vendor.  They don't make their own parts.  I have a catalog right here and there latest replacement panels are made by OER.  I would suggest going to Team Camaro forums and doing some searches and reading there.  There have been many threads on the fitment of panels and who manufactures the "best".  www.camaro.net

As far as the panel, remove the crank as suggested, remove all the screws in the panel, carefully pull the panel away from retaining clips, and lift up over top of door.  The handle is can be removed after the panel is off.  This is from memory.  But the kids on Team Camaro will have numerous threads on it...