Author Topic: Carolina Blue/Powder Blue '69  (Read 74211 times)

IZRSSS

Re: Carolina Blue/Powder Blue '69
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2010, 11:02:31 PM »
Thanks John and Dean...my sentiments exactly!

IZRSSS

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 02:51:07 PM »
Let me rephrase a previous quote.  Sometime my fingers get ahead of my brain :-[!  ALL AMERICAN CLASSIC'S...

IZRSSS

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 10:36:16 PM »
Lake Holme...I spent some time on Team Camaro and came ac cross a post by Rack Man and Ram Air Dave.  They were talking about a Baby Blue car they had seen.  I'm certain this wasn't the post.  I'll give it another go once my eyes have recoperated.

BTW took a look at your '68...Beautiful Car!!!  8)

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 04:09:27 AM »
I've seen 6-8 cars over the years.
These have either been from NC or from CO.
Kurt S
CRG

IZRSSS

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 11:07:25 AM »
A gentlemen by the name of RandyC sent me photos of a '69 RS camaro he use to own.  This is another special paint car and is painted azure blue. What's interesting is that this car and my car are painted code 80 and they are totally different.  I give up...

This was a dumb search to begin with.  I will never find out how many Powder Blue, Azure Blue, etc. cars are out there and neither will you, period.  You know why?  These cars were built 41yrs ago and those guys aren't people like me, "splitting hairs" with slight differences in paint.  These guys could have cared less how perfect their paint mix was.  Heck... if some grease on the car got in the way of the paint, too bad.  Take a look at an original car sometime.  You'd be amazed at how sloppy the paint was applied.  You'd be amazed at how sloppy everything was applied... but you know what, I'd trade my car for one like that in a heartbeat.   

I entered this website hoping to find out more about my cars history and I ended up with something much more valuable!  Thanks!

Nikke

• View Profile
Nikke

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2010, 12:28:33 AM »
I'd like to see the tag on that one, SS hood on an RS only car obviously not the original paint.

I've got a picture of another one, all rusty but it has white Z28 stripes on it and its not a Z28 so its not original paint either, and i don't have any tag info to go with it.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

IZRSSS

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2010, 11:04:01 AM »
Thanks Nikke, sure looks like a nice car. 

My cars previous owner gave me a week to research the car before I bought it.  The first place I looked was right here on this site.  Please spend time on CRG's home page and become familiar with the following; Body Tag, Vin. #'s, RPO's, etc.  Also familiarize yourself in the differences between; base model, rs model, ss model, etc, and the standard equipment of each.

The founding members of this extraordinary site have spent countless hour compiling information for all of us.  Take advantage of this information.   

IZRSSS

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2010, 09:08:11 PM »
A gentlemen by the name of RandyC sent me photos of a '69 RS camaro he use to own.  This is another special paint car and is painted azure blue. What's interesting is that this car and my car are painted code 80 and they are totally different.  I give up...

This was a dumb search to begin with.  I will never find out how many Powder Blue, Azure Blue, etc. cars are out there and neither will you, period.  You know why?  These cars were built 41yrs ago and those guys aren't people like me, "splitting hairs" with slight differences in paint.  These guys could have cared less how perfect their paint mix was.  Heck... if some grease on the car got in the way of the paint, too bad.  Take a look at an original car sometime.  You'd be amazed at how sloppy the paint was applied.  You'd be amazed at how sloppy everything was applied... but you know what, I'd trade my car for one like that in a heartbeat.   

I entered this website hoping to find out more about my cars history and I ended up with something much more valuable!  Thanks!

Where I mentioned; "and neither will you", another case of the finger brain syndrome; I meant to say, "and neither will anyone".  My sincerest apologies if I offended anyone.

IZRSSS

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2010, 04:00:45 PM »
KurtS,

I needed to review CRG's registration agreement.  This was the reason for logging out...

Can you tell me if this is the only factory '69 camaro w/ powder blue exterior paint in CRG's achieves.  If you cannot I will understand.

Thank you

IZRSSS

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 04:10:41 PM »
Meant to say archives....

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »
You can't tell from the database entries unless it was noted in the comments section.  A lot of info comes in as just vins, trim tag numbers casting numbers, assembly stampings etc.  Unless someone (the owner) knew and noted that their car was originally a certain color, all we have is a - - trim code to go by.  There may be a few entered as Carolina/Colorado/USC blue, I don't have access to the latest dB, but it may contain cars that are presently that color which were not necessarily that color originally, and there may be cars that were originally that color but are listed as another, because the owner didn't know what the original color was.  Theres no way to go back and come up with a definative answer that say 20 cars were painted that color.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

IZRSSS

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 06:51:03 PM »
Thank you Mark!

I have tried to get in touch w/Kurt (hopefully you guys get a day off once in awhile).  I am requesting his permission to use his post dated September 15, 2010 @ 10:37:51pm.  Statement begins w/ "Thanks"!  If permission is granted I will adhere to CRG Legal Notices; Defined under "Copying".

Will you please let me know so that I can prepare the statement for this coming weekend (Santa Fe Concorso).

Best Regard,

Marty

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 07:22:03 PM »
I needed to review CRG's registration agreement.  This was the reason for logging out...
But you deleted your account, again! All you have to do is start the registration process to see that agreement, you don't have to complete the process.
Can you tell me if this is the only factory '69 camaro w/ powder blue exterior paint in CRG's archives.
No! As I said above, I've seen others. Recounted, about +- 15.

Yes, you can use that post.
Kurt S
CRG

IZRSSS

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2010, 07:29:34 PM »
Thank you Kurt.....

anything