Author Topic: Carolina Blue/Powder Blue '69  (Read 74215 times)

IZRSSS

Re: Carolina Blue/Powder Blue '69
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 07:00:16 PM »
One other difference between then and now...It's sporting wide 0's on SS wheels...

IZRSSS

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 07:16:43 PM »
Kurt S...there is another # above the phone # in the "Authorized Selling Dealer Imprint" box...it reads: 149.  I will forward a pic via email.

Thanks!

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 05:42:55 AM »
However, our two stories on UCLA are too coincidental.   
That's cause both our stories came from the same source, WWMC. Mine was just the memory of an ad 9 years ago. Yours was the story as WWMC told it.
Neither of those codes on the POP is the dealer code. You need to start tracing back owner history, starting with WWMC.
Kurt S
CRG

IZRSSS

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 09:54:57 AM »
I think I'll drop the story and thank you for checking into the last number I sent you.  I telephoned and emailed WWMC yesterday for the same reasons you mentioned.  Now for the toughest part...waiting to see if they respond back.

Kurt S...as for helping me find this car, I really don't know what to say other than I haven't slept for the last couple days.  In some weird way maybe this will show how grateful I am to this site.

Thanks again...

maroman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 10:28:58 AM »
I can't say I would have ordered a car in that color, but it looks good. Quite a find, be proud! What options are on it?
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

IZRSSS

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 10:39:04 AM »
Thanks!  I'd have to agree with you I wouldn't have pick this color either.  The options are; PW, PS, Pb, Am/Fm "Blue Dot" stereo, Vigilites, Speed Warning Indicator, Clock, Tilt Steering Wheel, Remote Driver Mirror, Vanity Mirror and Space Saver Spare.  It also has its original soft ray glass, interior and vinyl top.

IZRSSS

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 10:58:08 AM »
Does anyone know how many cars with this exterior color came out of Norwood?  And...out of those how many are still around?

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 01:52:47 PM »
No possible way to tell without the production info for all cars made, and thats not going to happen.  Theres also a few down in the Carolinas as well apparently it was a school color there as well. Can't be many. 
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

IZRSSS

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 04:07:02 PM »
Thank you Mark...sometimes I wish it was a Canadian car.

IZRSSS

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 05:20:14 PM »
Any thoughts regarding Carolina Blue and Powder Blue being the same color?

IZRSSS

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2010, 08:24:26 PM »
Believe it or not...spent 3 yrs searching the southwest looking for a '69 camaro.  The only concern I had is it had to be a numbers car and one we could afford.  It was one disappointment after the next.  We (family) finally decided to take a look at the new camaro and were a week from committing when I noticed this car in a local Car Trader mag.  Come to find out the car was 15 minutes from we I live and 1/2 a mile from where I worked.

We have two sons and now two muscle cars.  I won't mention what the other one is for obvious reasons.  These cars will be left behind for them.

For whatever its worth...

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 09:56:11 PM »
There was a post in 2006 about a 69 on Team Camaro that sounded very similar to yours.  If I recall correctly, that car was in OK and one of the posters mentioned seeing such a car when he worked at WWMC.  Interesting coincidence.
You might want to trace that post back, if possible.
Here is Carolina Country (NC) back in the day you saw a few Chevelles in the Buick azure blue for special dealer promotions.  But I have never seen a Camaro with ORIGINAL Carolina Blue.  As many UNC-CH fans as there are here in NC, you'd think somebody would have ordered one.
BTW, gorgeous car!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

IZRSSS

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 10:12:47 PM »
Phillip...Information such as this is priceless and I appreciate you sharing it with me!  Any and all information I can compile from this great site will be used to the fullest extent to attempt to nail down the cars history.  All I knew prior to this post is that I was the 3rd owner.  This is obviously not the case now that it has been traced back to WWMC, and I owe Kurt S a huge bit of gratitude!

As for no one ordering this color... I'll say it because I am almost certain that no one else will...What guy back in the day and in the right frame of mind would have ordered Powder Blue...?

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 10:52:53 PM »
...John Wooden ...Dean Smith  ;D ;D ;D
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

IZRSSS

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 10:54:46 PM »
I believe I owe everyone an explanation as for the sudden brain storm of fact finding.  On September 24, 25, and 26, 2010 (next weekend).  New Mexico will have its inaugural concorse show, "Santa Fe Concorso" at La Mesita ranch just north of Santa Fe.  This camaro is one of only 50 automobiles invited.  It is the only muscle car in a field of approximately 95% euros.  I will do my best to load up with as much information to at least make a descent representation of this great American Classic.

If your in New Mexico next weekend and you have a chance to go to the show please look me up!  You can get all the information at; santafeconcorso.com.

anything