Author Topic: 1967 CAMARO CONVERTIBLE REAR SPRINGS  (Read 4908 times)

SSMUNDY

• TRIPLE BLACK 1967 CAMARO SS/RS CONVERTIBLE
    • View Profile
1967 CAMARO CONVERTIBLE REAR SPRINGS
« on: September 13, 2010, 09:43:14 PM »
CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THE IS A PHYSICAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MONO LEAFSPRING FOR A COUPE AND A CONVERTIBLE? i OWN A CONVERTIBLE AND HAVE THE CHANCE TO BUY A SET OF ORIGINAL REAR SPRINGS, BUT I NEED TO KNOW IF THERE IS A NOTICABLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO? I KNOW THEY ARE RATED DIFFERENT, BUT IS THERE ANY THING YOU CAN SEE THAT WOULD TELL YOU WHICH IS WHICH?
THANKS,
SEAN

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: 1967 CAMARO CONVERTIBLE REAR SPRINGS
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:32:54 PM »
Nope, the exterior dimensions would be the same.
Kurt S
CRG

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 12:36:48 AM »
I had a set of coupe springs re-arched to vert specs +1.5 in and they are perfect! :)

SSMUNDY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 12:39:54 PM »
Thanks Kevin. Thats the info I've been looking for. I can get these for about $50.00 but not sure what they are for. I was thinking on having then rearched, but wasn't sure if I could do what you did. How long have they been done and are they sagging at all? How much did it cost you , and where did you have it done?
Thanks

KevinW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 01:21:25 PM »
Had a local truck spring shp do a pair for about $60.  The spings went down about 1/4 inch since July.  I purposely made the arc request higher just in case.

SSMUNDY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 11:51:05 PM »
Nope, the exterior dimensions would be the same.

Kurt,
I finally found a set of monoleafs off of a '68 convertable. I was cleaning them up and  I noticed some stampings in the springs. I had been under the impression that there were no markings on the springs, but now I have found very prominent stampings in the spring. On the outside of the eye where the pressed bushing goes there is a "2" stamped very clearly in both springs in the same location. On one of the springs there is a "G" stamped in the flat part of the spring near the smaller eye,the shackle end of the spring. Has anyone ever noticed these markings before, and if so what are they for, or what do they mean?
Thanks,
Sean
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 12:44:13 AM by SSMUNDY »