Author Topic: Parking Brake Alarm Switch in '68  (Read 3289 times)

cadmanof50s

• Vic Brincat
    • View Profile
Parking Brake Alarm Switch in '68
« on: August 12, 2010, 09:17:12 PM »
Just purchased a parking alarm switch for my 68.
It installs  perfectly in the two holes that are in the base of the parking brake assembly....no problem.

But where it installs, there is nothing that contacts the switch to operate it.

I suspect that  someone may have put in the incorrect parking brake unit. The reason I suspect this is because it does not look like the one that vendors are saying is an exact reproduction of the original.

So.... I would like to establish if mine is "correct" or not.  If anyone has a picture showing the correct parking brake and the alarm switch..it would really help. (Thanks!)
Then I would like to understand how the pedal activates (i.e. opens and closes) the parking alarm switch.

I have attached a pic of my parking brake. Sorry for the poor quality..it is not the easiest place to take pictures.

Vic

Vic Brincat
1968 Camaro RS Convertible - 327

flyingskibiker

• View Profile
Re: Parking Brake Alarm Switch in '68
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 11:11:25 PM »
I don't see your switch in the picture.  That tan wire in the background should plug into it...  Here a picture of my parking brake.  There is a tab mounted on the cable mount that contacts the switch when the brake is off (the picture shows the brake on)...

cadmanof50s

• Vic Brincat
    • View Profile
Re: Parking Brake Alarm Switch in '68
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 01:16:04 AM »
I see exactly what is missing in my unit. The tab mounted to the brake cable mount. Thanks!!
This is what I needed.
Vic Brincat
1968 Camaro RS Convertible - 327