Author Topic: Primer recomendations....  (Read 5337 times)

ogbean

• View Profile
    • MySpace
Primer recomendations....
« on: May 02, 2006, 09:25:55 PM »
Hi all.... I have spent the past few days reworkin and origional Non-RS 68 fender. I know its crazy but i got around 20 hours in this fender and it didnt have a single dent in it to start with! But it was rusted out in the back and a little spot bout the size of a penny on the front. I have worked very hard and the repairs are 100% undetectable and the isnt a single spot of bondo or filler anywhere on it. Id ven go as far to say it compares to a NOS piece. Anyways the fender is in bare metal right now and i just want to know if you guys have any recomendation to a good primer to put on it to keep it from rusting. Keep in mind that the primer that goes on will stay there. It wont be the final coat of primer but i would like it to be the same as what will be used on the rest of the car and as the final coat before i shoot the color. Ill be sprayin Rally Green over it when it comes time to paint so i want the primer color to be one that wont diftort the green more than what it was distorted at the factory. Any recomendation on Brands, types, or colors?
David

1968 L30 4spd ???, Rally Green, White Vinyl Top, Ivory Houndstooth Interior (716), D55 console, D91 Stripe

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: Primer recomendations....
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 05:26:10 AM »
I'm not a paint guy, but you want a self etching primer.
Kurt S
CRG

ogbean

• View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 05:29:48 AM »
Thanks Kurt.....   I hear people talking about an epoxy primer? Whats the differences? Anyonw out there know?
David

1968 L30 4spd ???, Rally Green, White Vinyl Top, Ivory Houndstooth Interior (716), D55 console, D91 Stripe

DanZ10

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 01:03:34 PM »
David, check out the forum on www.autobodystore.com. There's a world of info and good advice on that site concerning bodywork.

Dan

anything