Author Topic: Window felt wiper  (Read 3879 times)

mikefam

• View Profile
Window felt wiper
« on: July 17, 2010, 10:41:41 AM »
Can anyone give me advice on how to remove a quarter panel window felt without ruining the paint? I'm thinking about removing the window and trying to break the metal tabs of from the back.

Mike.
68 Convertible w/327 275hp donor engine from a 67 Impala and TH350

2timms

• View Profile
Re: Window felt wiper
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 06:08:35 PM »
Check out page 6-5 and 6-6 of the 1969 Fisher Body Service Manual for factory recommendations for removal and installation of these strips Hope this is of help.

Stingr69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 04:37:28 PM »
I would tape off the top surface of the panel with blue painters tape and then a layer or two of silver duct tape first. Then remove the back seat and inner trim panel. The glass should be easy to move out of the way. Then try to push the strip up from the inside.  The strip should snap out pretty easily with force in the UP direction. No need to break anything.

-Mark.

mikefam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 05:14:58 PM »
I would tape off the top surface of the panel with blue painters tape and then a layer or two of silver duct tape first. Then remove the back seat and inner trim panel. The glass should be easy to move out of the way. Then try to push the strip up from the inside.  The strip should snap out pretty easily with force in the UP direction. No need to break anything.

-Mark.

Mark - thanks for the reply. That's pretty much how I did it. Once i got in behind the glass I couldn't push them up and out though but I was able to bend the clips and break them off. I also found a place that sold the clips and was able to reuse the wiper.

Mike.
68 Convertible w/327 275hp donor engine from a 67 Impala and TH350