Author Topic: front window glass mounting hardware  (Read 3822 times)

mikefam

• View Profile
front window glass mounting hardware
« on: June 30, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »
The plastic rollers in my front windows are worn out and need replacing. Does anyone here have any experience with aftermarket window mounting plates with rollers? CHQ has a set for ~$55 which includes the plates and rollers for one front window glass but I've had bad fitting aftermarket parts in the past.

http://secure.classichq.com/68-69-F-LH-DOOR-GLASS-MOUNT-PLATE-SET--P133.aspx

Or does anyone have any suggestions for rebuilding the rollers?

Mike.
68 Convertible w/327 275hp donor engine from a 67 Impala and TH350

Sauron327

• View Profile
Re: front window glass mounting hardware
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 06:50:59 PM »
Replace the rollers but make sure they give you the correct ones. I just redid a customer's car and the rollers he installed were too long causing adjustment problems. No sense in replacing the whole unit when replacement rollers will suffice.

mikefam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 08:08:16 PM »
I haven't been able to find the rollers anywhre. I can find rollers for the regulator mechanism but not the ones attached to the glass. I think it is because the factorys rivited them to the mounting plate.

Mike.

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 10:04:35 PM »
They sell the rollers in that catalog. They actually come with a rivet. Other replacements are threaded studs. You'd have to remove that small track to replace it, then tack weld it back on. Or just buy a new assembly for the extra $47 and end it. I just grabbed a good used one from my spare glass for the customer. Easier.

mikefam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 10:45:18 PM »
I still can't find the rollers for the glass mounting plate at either CHQ or Rick's. I gave up on that and ordered two sets of mounting plates to rebuild both windows since they are both out of the car and I don't want to have to go back. I'll be happy to spend the hundred bucks as long as the parts are a good fit.

Mike.