CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 26, 2015, 11:12:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
110298 Posts in 12743 Topics by 4884 Members
Latest Member: makemine69
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  what is the correct type of oil filler tube cap ? "S rivet" or "engine oil fill"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: what is the correct type of oil filler tube cap ? "S rivet" or "engine oil fill"  (Read 1204 times)
Posts: 25

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2010, 11:57:13 PM »

hi guys,

what is the correct type of oil filler tube cap that came out on a 1968 327/210 hp ? is it the "S rivet" type or the type that says "engine oil fill" on top ? please remember that this is for the oil filler tube, not the one for the valve covers.

thanks heaps guys,


rohan  Huh
CRG Member
Posts: 114

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 07:09:45 PM »

I took one off a 68 Chevelle 2-BBL engine built in Tonawanda years ago. It was stamped ENGINE OIL FILL AC-FC60.

Hope this helps.


Martin Foltz
CRG Member
68 Van Nuys Camaro
Posts: 343

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 09:28:53 PM »

FC60 was used a bit later.
The FC2 was used in 68.
However both types FC or S would be correct, but the FC2 oil cap is much more common for 68.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 17 queries.