Author Topic: NOS over the counter GM seat belt question ?  (Read 3324 times)

RS3SDL2MG

• Brad
    • View Profile
NOS over the counter GM seat belt question ?
« on: June 22, 2010, 10:09:18 AM »
 ??? when someone went to the dealer to buy new replacement seat belt's would they have been by the correct manufacturer like say IRVING for camaro's ?
or did they let other manufacturer's make replacement part's ?? the reason I ask is because I recently found a BEAUTIFULL ! NOS lap belt for my 67 in the correct blue in it's original GM box it measure's out EXACT as the length on this site say's it should , but it's made by ROBBIN'S ? my car is a october 66 build and had no retractor's so belt's for it in good shape are RARE and finding an NOS belt was UNBELIEVABLE !
just wondered about that ,,,
1967 RS 327 (210) horse C-C ermine white 732 bright blue interior RARE 4P - DELETE

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: NOS over the counter GM seat belt question ?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 03:21:40 PM »
Service replacement parts are usually "functional replacements", which means that they will service the application with a functional part; these parts aren't necessarily the same as those installed on the assembly line, as in your case. The belt will work fine, but it will take a deduction in originality judging.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

RS3SDL2MG

• Brad
    • View Profile
Re: NOS over the counter GM seat belt question ?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:57:20 PM »
I am not into the whole car show judge thing I just like correct STOCK stuff , as far as looking at this belt it LOOK IDENTICAL to the IRVING original's if you did not turn it over and read the tag you would not be able to tell , I like it BECAUSE IT'S 40 YEAR'S OLD AND STILL NEW !!! on the lookout for another ,,,,,,
1967 RS 327 (210) horse C-C ermine white 732 bright blue interior RARE 4P - DELETE

anything