Author Topic: 68 RS fenderwells  (Read 8206 times)

68rsssrag

• View Profile
68 RS fenderwells
« on: October 28, 2005, 01:19:58 AM »
Anyone out there have any measurements fro how to drill the GM NOS fenderwells to allow hideaway headlights. I bought these from GM in 1983, finally mounted them yesterday but, oopps, realize now that GM supplies them without the bracket holes, actuator hole, and actuator bracket holes. Ugh.

Arno

Leonard1

• View Profile
Re: 68 RS fenderwells
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 12:28:18 PM »
I think the AIM gives pretty detailed information on this.  I know that for some holes there are dimples to mark the location. 

KevinK

• View Profile
    • Hudson Valley Camaro
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 01:36:41 PM »
Anyone out there have any measurements fro how to drill the GM NOS fenderwells to allow hideaway headlights. I bought these from GM in 1983, finally mounted them yesterday but, oopps, realize now that GM supplies them without the bracket holes, actuator hole, and actuator bracket holes. Ugh.

Arno

As above, ...the Assembly Manual is a good starting point, ...and there are dimples. If you'd like, ...I've got an original set (in the attic) that I could take a few measurements on.

68rsssrag

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 03:31:06 PM »
Hi Kevin

I'm looking at the AIM in the Z22 RPO pages and do not see any dimensions or "punch at dimple" notes. There is nothing like the firewall pictorial either.

If you can provide me with some reference measurements from your old set I would be very grateful. I think there are 3 major items I need location of ;
1. large hole for crank rod on rounded part of the fenderwell near front
2. 2 bolt holes for this cranks bracket
3. 2 bolt holes for the cross brace that secures the vac cannister

Thanks

Arno

anything