Author Topic: 1967 Interior Paint Code K  (Read 3457 times)

cushjbc

• View Profile
1967 Interior Paint Code K
« on: June 06, 2010, 02:44:51 AM »
I made a mi$$take by re-upholstering my car with the wrong deluxe seat covers (black with a white stripe code 797 seats).  I acquired my POP last Christmas and was surprised to learn that the car is actually supposed to have parchment (white) seats with a black stripe according to the Interior Paint Code K.  Carpet, Interior paint and instrument panel are supposed to be black according to note 2 on the chart on the CRG website.  Are the front door panels and rear arm rests and panels supposed to be black or parchment white?
CUSHJBC

Sauron327

• View Profile
Re: 1967 Interior Paint Code K
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 10:41:13 AM »
Seats, and door panels, front and rear are parchment. All else black, kicks too. Just like mine. The trim tag tells you what color the gut is, a POP was not needed for that. Unless your TT is MIA.

cushjbc

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 08:37:29 PM »
Trim Tag is present on the car.  Line 3 (TR) reads 797-Z; the Paint code reads H-H.  The only colors I can figure from the trim tag are that the car is supposed to be Mountain Green upper and lower.  Maybe I'm missing something on the trim tag which makes me ignorant of the fact that I should have been able to pick the right color seat covers.

Thanks for the tip in the rest of the interior - looks like I'm in for a lot of interior work.
CUSHJBC

cushjbc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 08:45:37 PM »
I just reviewed CRG.  Norwood cars had Interior Paint codes on the Cowl Tag in 1967.  Van Nuys cars did not.  My car was built in LOS
CUSHJBC

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 06:08:13 PM »
797 tells you which interior - parchment deluxe.
Much more definitive than the POP. The POP just tell the interior color - if it was E or G you wouldn't know if it was std or dlx. K was only used on deluxe.

http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#InteriorColors
Kurt S
CRG