Author Topic: Console gauge base mounting - 69 Camaro  (Read 2599 times)

Hugger Orange 69

• View Profile
Console gauge base mounting - 69 Camaro
« on: June 01, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »
I am restoring my console gauges and am wondering where to get the hardware to attach the green plastic gauge base to the console? The old gauge base was broken and only had one of the required four fasteners. The fastener is threaded differently on each end - One end is a male taper thread and the other a straight machine thread, with a hex between the two. What else is needed, besides these wierd fasteners?

flyingskibiker

• View Profile
Re: Console gauge base mounting - 69 Camaro
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 03:52:57 AM »
The '68 AIM shows the same screw in all four mouting studs.  There is a large washer under each.  The new assemblies come with hex screws and washers.  I believe they are just hex head "wood" screws (threads like the rest of the console screws) that screw into the plastic studs.  But I just ordered my gauges and can tell you in a week or so... lol  There are pictures of the backs of the gauges on Team Camaro.  I see one (I saved) has the aftermarket hex screw on it.

Here is what Classic Muscle has:
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~partsort
Sometimes their links don't work.  www.oldmusclecars.com PN: 3925753 
The ones that are pictured w/ the gauges in the catalogs (other vendors) is different.  But this one seems more correct?