Author Topic: '69 Radiator questions  (Read 4984 times)

Dave69x33

• View Profile
'69 Radiator questions
« on: May 25, 2010, 10:40:50 PM »
Fan Shroud Clips:
Based on the '69 Assembly Instruction Manual (AIM), Section UPC 11, page 147 covering the original installation of the radiator and related components, I assume the fan shroud clips were not painted, and originally black/dark gray phosphate plated?

I also base my assumption from the attached picture I took of an original survivor '69Z "UH" code radiator.

Overflow hose clip:
Was the overflow hose retained with a clip (like the repro "BC" code clip sold by Heartbeat City, Item EGP-2111), or did the side tank have a stamped-in hose retainer?  The attached picture shows the clip but it is not called out as a separate detail part number in the AIM.

Correct drain cock:
Can anyone confirm who sells the correct drain cock with the "ears" pointing toward the engine?

Painted radiator ID tag:
If recall correctly, that tag was added to the side tank before the radiator was painted and thus painted along with the radiator.

Thanks in advance for your help!

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: '69 Radiator questions
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 04:35:51 PM »
The shroud clips were phosphated, and the overflow hose clip was part of the radiator assemblly as received from Harrison.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Camaro Billy

• View Profile
    • 1969 RS/SS
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 12:59:52 AM »
Here is the only correct looking petcock I know of.

http://www.danchuk.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=400

It looks good with the hose off

Billy
1969 RS/SS 350/300 Rallye Green . Black Vinyl Top

Dave69x33

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 11:10:13 PM »
Camaro Billy,

I'll give Danchuk a call...thanks.

JohnZ,

Do you still have your original radiator in your car, and is the rad overflow hose clip painted?

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 01:55:58 PM »
JohnZ,

Do you still have your original radiator in your car, and is the rad overflow hose clip painted?

Yes, it has the original "UH" radiator, and the clip appears to have been painted with the radiator.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

anything