Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

'69 Radiator questions

(1/1)

Dave69x33:
Fan Shroud Clips:
Based on the '69 Assembly Instruction Manual (AIM), Section UPC 11, page 147 covering the original installation of the radiator and related components, I assume the fan shroud clips were not painted, and originally black/dark gray phosphate plated?

I also base my assumption from the attached picture I took of an original survivor '69Z "UH" code radiator.

Overflow hose clip:
Was the overflow hose retained with a clip (like the repro "BC" code clip sold by Heartbeat City, Item EGP-2111), or did the side tank have a stamped-in hose retainer?  The attached picture shows the clip but it is not called out as a separate detail part number in the AIM.

Correct drain cock:
Can anyone confirm who sells the correct drain cock with the "ears" pointing toward the engine?

Painted radiator ID tag:
If recall correctly, that tag was added to the side tank before the radiator was painted and thus painted along with the radiator.

Thanks in advance for your help!

JohnZ:
The shroud clips were phosphated, and the overflow hose clip was part of the radiator assemblly as received from Harrison.

Camaro Billy:
Here is the only correct looking petcock I know of.

http://www.danchuk.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=400

It looks good with the hose off

Billy

Dave69x33:
Camaro Billy,

I'll give Danchuk a call...thanks.

JohnZ,

Do you still have your original radiator in your car, and is the rad overflow hose clip painted?

JohnZ:

--- Quote from: Dave69x33 on May 27, 2010, 11:10:13 PM --- JohnZ,

Do you still have your original radiator in your car, and is the rad overflow hose clip painted?

--- End quote ---

Yes, it has the original "UH" radiator, and the clip appears to have been painted with the radiator.

Navigation

[0] Message Index