CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 10:22:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
106521 Posts in 12421 Topics by 4787 Members
Latest Member: Oilron14
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Restoration
| | |-+  Is there report for finding Date Codes?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is there report for finding Date Codes?  (Read 1566 times)
MyRed67

SZZLN 67

michael-l.campbell@hotmail.com
View Profile
« on: April 28, 2010, 01:21:01 PM »

Does anyone know of a publication or report for finding Body panel Date Codes?

1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 01:05:14 PM »

This is the only reference I've seen published:

http://www.camaros.org/numbers.shtml#sheet

Just about every stamping on the car has a date code or "run number" on it somewhere.

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
tmodel66

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 01:20:37 PM »

MyRed67     I am hunting the same information. If I find something I'll let you know. I know where the hood,valance, and frame horn is but that's about it.

Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP
MyRed67

SZZLN 67

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 09:29:22 PM »

Was your car built in '66?  Mine is an 11A - LOS build.  I have found the Doors, Trunk, Fuel Pipe Cover and Rear Quarters.  Doors is top center right where Body color and Int. color meet.   Trunk lid is center Front Re-enforcement.  Fuel Pipe cover is center underside. Rear Quarters is in the corner near the Trunk lid hinge. Right now I'm looking for the Hood and front Fender Date Codes.  Can you explain where the Hood date Code is located?  Or maybe even post a Picture?   Thanks!

1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Mike C.    NW - Illinois
MyRed67

SZZLN 67

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 12:49:55 AM »

Sorry picture was too large, here it is.

1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Mike C.    NW - Illinois
MyRed67

SZZLN 67

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 10:29:59 AM »

tmodel66:

Sorry, I guess the first post with the above picture didn't go through. (picture was too large)  Anyhow, I just found the Firewall Date Code last night(H42R).    It is under the Heater Motor Box, mine was partially covered by the caulk.  The other # is your partial VIN., (should match the 2 nd. half of the VIN. # on your title.  Good Luck!

1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Mike C.    NW - Illinois
tmodel66

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 12:05:27 PM »

My Red 67Yes it came thru. My friend has the 67 02D. I helped him build it years ago when all these numbers weren't important. We had to fix the left frontend where he lost it and hit a guard rail.The hood should be stamped on the outer edge on the driver side.  The frame horn is on the out side driver side also toward the front of it. If I remember correctly the valance is stamped kinda in the middle underside.

Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP
MyRed67

SZZLN 67

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 06:50:16 PM »

tmodel66:

Thanks for info. on Hood stamp, I'm going to try to get over where it's stored and look at it(and front fenders) tomorrow.  This report posted above helped me find the Firewall Code.  And the picture on there I think is going to help me find the Fender Codes(I'm hoping).  I'll post anything I find.

1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Mike C.    NW - Illinois
MyRed67

SZZLN 67

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 11:35:16 PM »

tmodel66:

I tried to post reply a couple times lately, it didn't post.  So I'll try again.  I did find Date codes on both Front fenders they are near where the Radiator Support bolts to the fender(same on both sides).   I found 1 on the Driver Side very rear corner of the Hood.  I also found 1 on the Crossmember(brace) behind the Rear Seat.  And I found several around the inside top brace, I have the Headliner tore out to replace so these were easy to find.  1 was in center above Rear Window, 1 on each side above Drivers and Pass. head, and 1 on the front brace was near where the Pass. Sunvisor attached.   If you send me an e-mail address I can send you all the pictures.

1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Mike C.    NW - Illinois
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: