Author Topic: LATE BREAKING NEWS - CAMARO NATIONALS  (Read 5376 times)

buds396

• View Profile
LATE BREAKING NEWS - CAMARO NATIONALS
« on: April 25, 2006, 06:22:02 PM »
We have just received confirmation.  The Silver Camaro Concept Car will be at the Camaro Nationals.

I invite everyone to come see the car.  It looks a whole different in person.

Bud Scolastico
American Camaro Association
1968 RS/SS L78
Reading, Pa.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: LATE BREAKING NEWS - CAMARO NATIONALS
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 06:41:14 PM »
It will also be at the Camaro Superfest 2006 from June 30th - July 2nd in Ypsilanti, Michigan, with Tom Peters and Brian Smith from the design team. Info/details at http://www.camarosuperfest.com .
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

m22mike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 05:06:14 PM »
We have just received confirmation.  The Silver Camaro Concept Car will be at the Camaro Nationals.

I invite everyone to come see the car.  It looks a whole different in person.

Bud Scolastico
American Camaro Association
:P
I had a chance to view the Red one at the Detroit Autorama, not to impressed ! Ford hit the homerun ball with the stang, the concept Camaro is a sacrifice bunt !
X66 L78 M22 4.10 Deluxe Threads, PNT 10/10, Red Hockey stripe

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 02:14:12 AM »
Guys:

I find myself this week in Atlanta, GA on a business trip.  Had a little time today to drop in on the 2006 Atlanta Auto Show.

I have 6 pictures of the siilver Camaro Concept Car that I am posting in a seperate post.

Seeing the concept car waa a very pleasant surprise - made the day a lot more enjoyable.

The car was clearly a centerpiece display - mounted on a turntable for all around viewing.  No other Chevy, including Corvette, got any better treatment.  Sales/Marketing person did a presentation every 15 minutes or so.  Clearly GM is looking for input.  The person doing the presentation mentioned plans to utilize the LS2 motor.  One of the pics I wanted to post was with the hood up showing a mocked up engine compartment.  Interior gage package is very reminiscent of '68-'69 gages.  Dash speedo and tach look similar to '67-'68.  The design is beginning to grow on me.

Check out the new post for the pictures.

Richard
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 12:20:32 AM by rich69rs »
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

OverAnxious

• View Profile
    • Michigan Classics
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 01:43:33 PM »
:P
I had a chance to view the Red one at the Detroit Autorama, not to impressed ! Ford hit the homerun ball with the stang, the concept Camaro is a sacrifice bunt !
The Red car wasn't even a working car, it is a mock up buck for display purposes. The Silver version looks 10x better IMO.
Over Anxious 67 Camaro RS/SS L78
2007 Trailblazer SS / Red Jewel / 3SS / AWD
My Camaro Blog

anything