Author Topic: 69 Camaro metal dash replacement - will Nova work?  (Read 5438 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
69 Camaro metal dash replacement - will Nova work?
« on: April 27, 2006, 07:45:59 PM »
I need the metal dash for a 69 Camaro.  I have located one for a Nova.  The glove box and ashtray look the same.  The gauges are different though.  Will the metal section of a Nova work for a 69 Camaro and fit the Camaro gauge bezel etc.?

Steve

william

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 69 Camaro metal dash replacement - will Nova work?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 11:34:06 PM »
69-78 X-body [Nova, Pontiac Phoenix, etc] did use the same basic dash structure as the Camaro but it does differ where the instrument cluster is located. The Camaro dash has some punched holes with welded bracketry along the right side of the opening, the Nova dash does not. The speaker grille also has a slightly different configuration.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 11:36:29 PM by william »
Learning more and more about less and less...

Bjv69ss

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 11:22:46 PM »
With all the parts available for a Camaro I'd call Goodmark, or go to www.firstgen.com and just order one.  Dash panels range from $86.00 to $95.00 and they are made for the car.  If you need a cowl panel they have them too.  Why go through all the grief of making a Nova dash fit.  That's just my thought :o
1969 Fathom Green
SS 350 Coupe 
71 Impala Sport Coupe

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 04:56:35 PM »
I wasn't talking about just the top part of the dash that commonly rusts out.  I was talking about the entire metal dash setup, that the gauges, ashtray, glove box etc was all housed in.  I was looking at buying a 69 Camaro that had this part removed.  However, I opted to not buy that one and ended up buying one that had a full stock dash in it.