Author Topic: Canadian Cars  (Read 4121 times)

Kelley W King

• View Profile
Canadian Cars
« on: April 23, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »
If the L in the vin means LA and the N means Norwood what do Canadian cars say?
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

bertfam

• View Profile
Re: Canadian Cars
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:42:26 PM »
There were no 1st Generation Camaros assembled in Canada. All Canadian cars came from the Norwood plant.

Ed

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 01:45:08 AM »
Kurt S
CRG

rare396bronze

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 03:17:42 AM »
If all camaros where built in norwood how are canadian cars able to get build sheets. Yet cars in usa not able to get them. I would love to get mine. Also year's ago i was told by a usa camaro club officer that there were found yet when they went to get permission to release them from chevrolet there vanished. If gm is hurting why won't the release them & make some quick money. It also would stop the clone cars. I hate to see people taking by a bogus car.

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 12:52:19 PM »
GM Canada kept the records, GM USA did not.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »
If all camaros where built in norwood how are canadian cars able to get build sheets. Yet cars in usa not able to get them. I would love to get mine. Also year's ago i was told by a usa camaro club officer that there were found yet when they went to get permission to release them from chevrolet there vanished. If gm is hurting why won't the release them & make some quick money. It also would stop the clone cars. I hate to see people taking by a bogus car.

Cars sold new in Canada don't have "build sheets" available; the Canadian information lists the body style, color, trim, options, shipping date, and the selling dealer. GM of Canada kept that information for taxation and import duty records. The USA records for individual cars didn't "vanish" or get "hidden away" - they were never kept, as there was no business reason to do so.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG