Author Topic: Floor Jack Lift Points/Jack Stands Placement, 69 Camaro Coupe  (Read 8603 times)

rockSS

• View Profile
I will be first-time raising the front and rear of 1969 Camaro coupe off the ground to clean undercarriage using a floor jack and jack stands on a level garage floor. Just ordered the service & chasis manuals - yet to receive. Seeking the correct locations and steps to raise the front end and the rear end of the car using a floor jack. Once raised, what are the correct placement points for the jack stands? Thanks.   

jacmac

• View Profile
Re: Floor Jack Lift Points/Jack Stands Placement, 69 Camaro Coupe
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 12:14:00 AM »
Info will be in the chassis service manual under "general information" p. 07
69 Z10,69 ss396Chevelle, 71 Corvette

rockSS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 01:12:00 AM »
Thanks jacmac,
I will use the reference you provided (page 7 of the Chassis Service Manual) once I receive it in the mail. In the meantime, I decided to start with cleaning the engine compartment; probably the right place to start anyway before tackling the undercarriage. Doing so will allow me to see what I missed on the lower parts of the engine bay once I get the front end safely up off the floor. Appreciate your quick reply.   

jacmac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 12:22:45 AM »
Good luck!
69 Z10,69 ss396Chevelle, 71 Corvette

ibfootin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 09:28:09 PM »
I ran the front up on a set of ramps.  then secured front tires to ramps to insure car will not roll back down.  I then jacked up th back and placed the stands under the frame just inside the front hanger brackets for the rear springs

anything