Author Topic: Cowl induction hood intake not utilized and should be?  (Read 3879 times)

Zoatus

• Car
    • View Profile
Cowl induction hood intake not utilized and should be?
« on: April 16, 2010, 02:52:38 AM »
 :) The feed back I’ve received from this site has been great making me to ask another question. I have a cowl induction hood with a standard filter under it (no seal around the hood intake and I hate when things are installed to make a look but not utilized) and I’ve looked up cowl induction intake kits but they are not exactly what I’m looking for, the air filter intakes have been original intake in design when I’m looking for a intake kit that takes air into a filter from both the sides and the top. Also the intakes have a side draw for air within thee engine compartment which I’m assuming is for winter use to draw warm air into the carburetor or to prevent blockage in the cowl intake choking out the motor “but” I’m looking for a kit that draws air externally only into the carb and I have been unsuccessful. Is there such a kit or pieces that can be created to make that kit?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:09:38 AM by Zoatus »

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Cowl induction hood intake not utilized and should be?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 03:27:13 PM »
I’m looking for a kit that draws air externally only into the carb and I have been unsuccessful. Is there such a kit or pieces that can be created to make that kit?

The OEM ducted hood design (ZL2) with the flapper door removed (or blocked open) will pull outside air all the time, with the proper pieces to seal it to the hood inner panel; you could plug the hole in the "snout" that admits underhood air.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Zoatus

• Car
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 06:26:37 PM »
I guess I'll have to use the OEM parts, and I did finally find a filter allowing air flow through both the sides and top inside the the air intake.

Zoatus

L78 steve

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 08:05:37 PM »
K&N makes a filtered top.
69 Z/28 Dover White. SOLD
67 SS/RS Mt. Green 1W,2LGSR,3SL,4K,5BY,07C. SOLD
70 Nova L78 Blk. Cherry,Sandalwood,M21,02B