Author Topic: What is the consensus on the accuracy of Trim Tags in '67  (Read 3756 times)

GSD5

• View Profile
    • 1967 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
What is the consensus on the accuracy of Trim Tags in '67
« on: April 06, 2010, 07:50:29 PM »
Just curious what experience people have with the degree of accuracy on their Trim tags, specifically 67 from Los Angeles if that matters. Mine is an SS/RS Convertible. I've had it since 1985, long before there was tons of repro parts available, and while it was in fair shape I guess when i got it, it was in no way, shape or form restored or attempted to be passed of as such. It sees to have the original floor, bosy panels, etc, and the only evidence of any collisions is a not terribly serious one at the right rear.

The trim tag lists, accurtately I think, the vast majority of the options (PT, PW, Tinted Glass, Fold Down Seat, Black Deluxe Interior with Buckets, Royal Plum Exterior, SS350, RS, Interior Decor Group, Console, Powerglide, Deluxe Seat Belts and Rear Bumper Guards). However, it also lists Rear Seat Speaker, which while i may not know what I'm talking about, does not seem too likely with a convertible, and does not call out headrests on the bucket seats, which it has (it shows 765Z rather than 765Y), and also does not show the code for Remote Drivers Side Mirror. I can't help but wonder what the chances would have been that someone who was slapping a car-that has no real sign of trauma- together prior to 1985 would have just happened to have replaced the seats with ones with headrests and a drivers door with a remote mirror.

I have always assumed that the Tag was wrong and the items in question are in fact original, but as i said, was just curious if anyone else had had similar experience?

Thanks..sorry to ramble on by the way

67RS/SS Convertible

tom

• View Profile
    • Discount Internet Services
Re: What is the consensus on the accuracy of Trim Tags in '67
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 08:16:51 PM »
Back in the day, I often upgraded my cars, and friends cars with deserable options from wrecks in the bone yard. That includes cars they bought new, and were less than a year old. I can't speak for the accuracy of 67 tags, but just becasue it was there in the 80's, 70's, 60's dosn't mean it was ordered that way. I don't ever remember caring in the least about trim tags or documentation in those days.
69 X11 Z21 L14 glide
looking for a 69 export model (KPH) speed
o

Buddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »

Any dealer options would not be on the trim tag as well.

Buddy

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 06:09:39 AM »
The tags are pretty accurate....
Kurt S
CRG

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 11:33:48 AM »
1985 is far past your 67 build date and alterations and additions were not uncommon. Years ago a friend added many options to Camaros and all done correctly. Cars were plentiful then. Wrecks, blown motors, or multiple cars bought to build what one wanted. Half dozen or more to have at one time was common for him. Many were parted out and sent to the crusher. SS cars got crushed weekly and that's just one yard.

anything