Author Topic: 67 vent window frames  (Read 15751 times)

dab67

• 67 SS
    • View Profile
Re: 67 vent window frames
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 10:14:08 PM »
MyRed67,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Finally found and purchased a set of vent windows for my car. The person I purchased them from had them wrapped up in storage for about the last 10-15 years. They are in excellent shape other than the weather stripping. No pit marks on chrome and no scratches on glass. I ordered the weatherstripping  and felt guides thru Rick's (Eckler's????)
These are complete assemblies all the way down to the bolts used to attached them to the interior of the doors.

Thanks for looking!!!!!!!!

dab67

jimbo67rag

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 09:05:11 PM »
hey all    i am restoring my vent windows and frames and have most everything set to go xcept i cannot remember how to put the spring and washers onto the vent window adjuster pin at the bottm of the vent window.  i thought i had it right but i cannot get the vent window to snug up so that when you open it when driving the wind does not blow it closed. so i need to know how the washers and nut go on to snug it up. anyone know where i can find a blow up of the vent window and frame including the adjuster pin, washers and nut.  Please help. it is now june and i would like to drive the car asap as it could snow here in alberta by september. we have a short hobby car driving season. thanks jimbo   

psy4s

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2010, 04:21:22 PM »
Classic industries now has the Vent Window Assemblies listed as Reproductions. They do not currently have them in stock, but I am waiting for the call to say they finally have them. My name is on the list anyway.

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 04:11:47 AM »
jimbo67rag;  Don't know if anyone answer this.  I believe that it goes spring 1 st., then fiber washer, then that odd shaped metal washer(flat on 1 side & slot in middle), then the nut.  You should be able to tighten it up enough so it doesn't swing freely.   Hope this helps.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 04:48:12 AM »
OER now lists the complete reproduction Assembly for $179.95.  Has anyone had experience with these?  I have all the original parts, but it is very expensive to get them replated.
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

ragtopman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »
Starting from the bottom: nut, locking tab, spring, flat edge spacer type washer, fiber washer, vent frame, fiber washer, steel washer.

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 07:15:26 AM »
>>>>ragtopman:
   I am getting ready to put mine all back together, I had the glass frame and the Pillar post replated, just got them back.  Which way should the flat side on the flat edge spacer washer point?   Thanks!
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Mike C.    NW - Illinois