Author Topic: My car on the main page  (Read 4272 times)

RAfbody

• View Profile
My car on the main page
« on: April 03, 2010, 04:28:52 AM »
I was suprised and very happy to see my car on the main page.  I did enjoy the cars of the April Fools day too.
Russ

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
Re: My car on the main page
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:00:58 PM »
Russ love your car - very clean looking minus all of the stripes many of the other models seem to shout out with... the light color with just the right amount of chrome and dark top make a very nice combination with the pin stripe accenting the lines - killer look in my opinion!

Randy

RAfbody

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 11:21:56 PM »
Thanks for the compliment but I can't take all the credit.  The car is not really a survivor but has never been restored.  The original owner moved from California to Mass. in 1982 and had the car undercoated and a partial repaint and put a new vinyl top on it.  It is the way it left the factory.
Russ

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 03:46:04 PM »
See guys, dreams can come true.  If you would like you Camaro posted on the homepage, please send me a pic of your car to my email address and it will be put in the lineup.  I promise that every photo sent to me will be posted.  It may not be immediately, as I try to post them in the order I receive them.  A huge THANK YOU to all of you who have sent me your photos.   Keep 'em coming.

Send your photos to:  sdkar@bellsouth.net

Thanks,

Steve

nwbalddog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 06:28:33 PM »
Intersting to know. How long do you keep them up, and is it by chance to see it, or do you notify us when car is on the home page? (which seems above and beyond!)
1969 Camarao Convertible
396/SS/RS/Auto

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 06:42:49 PM »
One month, he notified me. It was up last month.

sdkar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 12:31:44 PM »
I post a new photo of each year around the first of every month.  I try to put them in order as I receive them, but may change them around a little to fit in with a theme or as in the case this month, it was the Camaro owner's birthday so I posted it for him as a present.  I seem to always be in need of 67 and 68 Camaros, so please send them in.  As for you 69 Camaro guys, just because you don't see your car thet following month doesn't mean it won't be there one day.  SO send yours in too and get in line.  Don't worry if you car is not nice enough, this site isn't about all show cars and perfect Camaros, it's about you guys and your cars.  I have been doing this since 2003 and almost every Camaro seen on the home page is from the guys on this site with a few exception being Camaros of guys I meet at the car shows I attend.  But, I make sure to tell them about Camaros.org and they become fans immediately.  So please, send me your photo, don't wait for your car to be "perfect", we love Camaros in all colors and conditions.  Heck, if its in primer, send in a photo anyway, I will probably use it.  After all, we've all been there.

Send your photos to:  sdkar@bellsouth.net.  I promise you will see your Camaro on the homepage in the months to come.

Thanks to all.

Steve