Author Topic: Selling Camaro, agent offers to list car on multiple internet sites for 5 %  (Read 2971 times)

Camaroon

• View Profile
Greetings..

Anyone have experience with agents who will list a car for sale on multiple internet sites for the seller, in exchange for 5 % of the sale price?

Not sure if there is a contract involved, or how this arrangement works.  ???

Sorry if this topic has been started previously, a link to earlier discussions, if any, would be appreciated.

Thanks to all....

:-\

jmcbeth

• 1st and 5th Gen Camaros
    • View Profile
What ya sellin'?
John
1969 Camaro Z/28 RS
Numbers Matching

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
I have an aquaintance who does that sort of thing for persons who deal in high value cars, etc.  But I have never done business with him from the selling end.  (In other words, I've connected him to some owners of rare cars in the past.) Beyond the percentage fee, there will be a contract and fixed fees for a variety of his services.

You might want to look at Show Your Auto or a similar site to see how they handle such things.  It's been a while since I read through it, but Barret Jackson's auditors have posted a copy of BJ's agreement as a part of their report in the past.

As John seems to imply, depends on what you are selling... and how many... as to whether that would be a good route for you.
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director