Author Topic: 69 convertible rear defrost pics  (Read 4052 times)

convert69

• View Profile
69 convertible rear defrost pics
« on: March 02, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »
I was trying to figure out what the rear defrost setup looks like and the right parts for the rear window area for the 1969 convertible. Such as the duct piece and blower motor how it mounts. Is the duct piece plastic or metal?? Pictures would be very helpful. I don't see this option that much and I am not satisfied yet of what I am finding. Thanks Brian

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 69 convertible rear defrost pics
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:42:41 PM »
Heres one, its missing the grille that goes over the center of the blower motor though.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

convert69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 11:50:29 PM »
Thanks for the pics. Is the duct part metal or plastic looks metal. I have seen about 4 set ups now and they are all different. All the ones I have seen have different duct pieces. Any mounting pics would be great (in the car pics)Thanks

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 12:04:50 AM »
The duct is plastic with a metal cover plate that sits inside the top well.  The fan unit is steel.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

convert69

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 12:58:45 AM »
You have been very helpful and I appreicate it. is this your car and can you expose it alittle more. lifting the well liner and the trunk mat. So I can see where abouts of the mounting of the duct and motor. was this an add on or original , if it was your car. Thanks again brian

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 01:39:52 AM »
Not my car, just a picture I aquired somewhere, probably ebay.  There are dimples on the floor of the trunk and up on the rear bulkhead for mounting the fan and duct.  Unless you have one of these setups, your in for a long hunt.  Last one I saw up for sale went for a couple of thousand, and it was just for the fan, duct and grill.  Don't think it included the bracket for mounting the fan.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

convert69

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 01:59:30 AM »
I do have most of these pieces and I know they are hard to come by. I purchased a car 20 years ago and the guy gave me all these parts. turns out to be alot of option stuff. Car was basically a shell with everything in boxes. It has been sitting for most of those years and I am now trying to get it finished. Hard to tell what came on the car. There are no holes where this is to go. I seems to have everything that it takes, just confused on the duct. I dont know how many 69 chevrolet pontiac olds convertibles came with this option. Thanks for the info I also try to take pics of these rare options when I find them. Brian

anything