Author Topic: WEST COAST RACE TRIP TO POMONA, CA  (Read 3135 times)

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
WEST COAST RACE TRIP TO POMONA, CA
« on: February 04, 2010, 03:07:24 AM »
Latest update. 

Still waiting for step headers to come back from dyno shop so I can put them back on the car.  Spare engine made 494 hp on the dyno with these trip headers.  Headers were suppose to be mailed back to me three day air from Albuquerque and went ground by mistake.  Then there is a big snow storm coming in here Friday, (taliking 12-30" now) and this might be a problem loading the car and towing if the roads are not good.  And my buddy is having trouble with his motorhome.  So, will have to keep everyone posted.  Seems that all is working against me on this trip to the west coast.  Stay tuned.

More later,

Jerry

pjbizjak

• View Profile
Re: WEST COAST RACE TRIP TO POMONA, CA
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 05:21:52 PM »
All the best, good luck, I'm pullin for ya!
pjbizjak
Pete

Jerry@CHP

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 02:23:33 PM »
Due to the bad snow blizzard here in Baltimore, I have to cancel my race trip to the west coast. We got about 30" of snow and the roads here are still very bad. We were planning to leave today but the roads are VERY snow covered. I am not going to risk towing out of here.

Also found out that there are weather issues coming this week in New Mexico along I-40. It was just not meant to be and I am bummed out. Please pass this along to everyone.

Thanks,

Jerry

CNorton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 01:44:36 AM »
Jerry,

Wayne and I discussed your absence while waiting for the first run in the staging lanes this morning.  The air was GREAT!  The bite was good.  See pictures on www.competitionplus.com.  I offered to make a couple of extra hits to compensate for your absence.  The officials explained that it wasn't necessary.  Sorry you couldn't make it.

c