Author Topic: 69 Camaro Cowl Tag Question  (Read 5491 times)

syclone

• View Profile
69 Camaro Cowl Tag Question
« on: April 05, 2006, 04:01:54 AM »
Hello , I am new so please correct me if I am in error in the manner I am asking questions ... 69 Camaro Cowl Tag ... Facing the Tag ..... If I understand what I have read correctly designates the Exterior / Model of the vehicle (X33 = Z28 etc) , I recently saw a car dressed up like a Z28 but it had a code "MO59" where the X33 would be ... I have called the local Chevy Dealer who usually is able to help / I checked with "Original Parts Group" / Went thru the Camaro Restoration Guide and asked several people I know that are pretty sharp on Camaro's / This car appears to be a put together , has 10 bolt , single leaf rear springs etc .. Any idea what the "MO59" indicates ?? , Any help appreciated ...Thanks

RamAirDave

• View Profile
    • TheMuscleCarGuys.com
Re: 69 Camaro Cowl Tag Question
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 05:11:40 AM »
The code your asking about was an internal plant code, found on Van Nuys cars.  It means basically nothing, only tells that it was the "x" number car built that day at the plant.

dave
"Build them how the designers and engineers envisioned them to be"

www.TheMuscleCarGuys.com

syclone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 03:49:29 AM »
Thanks for the info , so how would I figure out what this car originally was ??? , it was recently sold as a "Z28" , it has a 10 bolt monoleaf rear axle , engine has no numbers , incorrect trans for any 69 Camaro  , car is basically a real pile , hard right side collision damage , Maaco quality restoration , and it sold in it's damaged condition for $25,500 ... I couldn't find anything on this car that said it was anything other than a common nondescript vehicle.. It baffles me that anyone would pay this much money for a junk , I figured there had to be something I was missing ??? , Thanks again Dave , Jeff

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 03:09:09 AM »
When was it built (month and week), how many fuel lines underneath it, does it have front discs, 4 speed or automatic, if it's a 4 speed where is the speedometer cable hole in the firewall down near the fuse block, or at the front edge of the transmission tunnel above the accelerator linkage?
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

anything