Author Topic: owner search - 68 LOS car  (Read 3255 times)

nwsgjr

• View Profile
owner search - 68 LOS car
« on: January 27, 2010, 08:17:17 AM »
Not sure if you could help me on my car or not i believe im the second owner since 1974 anyways...I have zero paper work on it...would appreciate any help i purchased it at Lyman Slack  of portland oregon in 1974 thanks

Vin 124378L322704

12E A517
749    0-0

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: owner search - 68 LOS car
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 03:06:03 PM »
Sorry, nothing on that VIN. Does it still have the original engine?
Kurt S
CRG

68Zproject

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 01:00:27 AM »
nwsgjr I live in Portland and have a 68z that is close to your VIN.  I was wondering if you could PM me on any info you might have about Lyman Slack since you purchased yours there.  I know of them and just wondered if they might have any info on my car.  Thanks.
68Z28

nwsgjr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 01:18:56 AM »
Hi Lyman slack closed a few years ago dont have much information on them..wish i would have contacted them before they closed up..My car was totally stripped at one point in time..the houndstooth seats where gone the engine and tranny was pulled.and converted to an automatic it was a 4 speed it has the stamped hole for it anyways..when i purchased it in 74 i had really know idea that it had been changed it was just a car to me daily driver.It had the deluxe interior.and alot of chrome.Rose wood steering wheel,hood light,trunk light,chrome on the dash pad.chrome on the doors,chrome around wheel openings,deluxe seat belts w/shoulder harness.console,fiber optics ash tray.not sure what all this amounts to.but i am restoring at the moment.and going big block w/m21 houndstooth and corvette bronze.wish i could find out what the car was from the factory i would put it back to stock...but i just want to enjoy it...Any ways wish ya luck on your search with your z28...

flyingskibiker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 02:00:50 AM »
You would be surprised how much the people on this sight know about these cars!  With some detective work and their help, you can probably figure out what it probably was and wasn't.  Little things like spring type, speed-o cable penetration, light placement, trim, etc. can be used to rule things out or make it possible to have certain trim groups and other packages.  Though, if you have my luck, you may never know...  These guys are good people and, like me, love a good puzzle to solve.

anything