I just updated the radius rod article, http://www.camaros.org/radiusrod.shtml
, with new pics (thanks Ron!) and new information. But we really don't have a lot of clarity in the data, especially for the first cars that used radius rods.
We are looking for more information from any SS, Z, or L30/M20 that was made Dec 66 or later. Especially SS350 cars made in December or January and L30/M20 cars made in December thru March.
You can email the information below to either me or Daniel (CamaroDan@juno.com
) or to post it on this thread.
The information that we're looking for is:
1) Build date
2) Model (SS350, L35, L78, Z28, or L30/M20)
3) Does your car have a radius rod? If so, round or rectangular?
4) If not, does it have either the body bracket or the axle bracket?
5) VIN (Feel free to email if you don't want to post it. We need to the VIN to be able to sort and reference the data. It will not be published or released in any form.)
Helpful extra credit (esp for the early SS350 and L30/M20 cars).
6) Axle date (e.g. QJ0421G1). See http://www.camaros.org/drivetrain.shtml#axle
for the location.
7) Do you have any documentation for the car?
Thanks for the help!!