Author Topic: Does anybody have a list of broadcast/color codes for 67-69 wiring harness tags?  (Read 3918 times)

bowtie68iho

• View Profile
I would like to write a CRG report on 67-69 Camaro wiring harness tags, but need additional data.  So far, I have original tags or photos for about 15-20 harness tags.  I also have some info on the tag location on their respective harness.  More info would be great.  The tags were color-coded, had a 2-letter broadcast code (most, but not all), a symbol with 3 downward spreading arrows, and the last 4 numbers from the GM part number.  Does anybody have a list of all of the broadcast codes and/or the color codes for these tags?  If so, please either reply for all to see, or PM me.  Thanks!
68 NOR SS/RS L48/M35 Convertible
Cordovan Maroon - Special Paint Exterior (black stripes)
Black Custom Interior
Silver Concours (Legends Class) at 2012 Camaro Nationals, Gold Concours at 2014 MCACN.

bowtie68iho

• View Profile
Kurt, can you move this post to Research Topics & Reports?  I should have posted it there.  Thanks!
Black Custom Interior
Silver Concours (Legends Class) at 2012 Camaro Nationals, Gold Concours at 2014 MCACN.

bowtie68iho

• View Profile
Attached, are three photos of wiring harness tags in case some of you stumbled upon one and did not know what it was.  The two-letter codes on some of them (not all tags had codes) are the broadcast codes.  The four digit number corresponds to the last four numbers of the part number.  The three downward spreading arrows symbol is a derivative of the Packard Electric logo (not all tags had the symbol).  Tags were also color-coded, but often the color(s) faded to the point that they were not recognizable.

Here is a breakdown of the three attached photos:
6295054 (VY) = 1968 Camaro, Generator and Forward Lamp, 8 cylinder, excluding Rally Sport, with warning lights.
6295115 (AA) = 1968 Camaro, Seat Separator Compartment, 8 cylinder, with floor console, manual transmission, console gauges.
6295052 (ZX) = 1968 Camaro, Engine Wiring (Ammeter to Starting Switch), 8 cylinder, small block, with warning lights.

These broadcast codes were listed on both the Body Broadcast Sheet and the Chassis Broadcast Sheets as follows:

Body Broadcast Sheet:
- Block 27 ("I/P HARN") = Instrument Panel
- Block 29 ("SEAT SEP. HARN.") = Seat Separator Harness
- Block 73 ("FWD LP. HARN.") = Forward Lamp Harness

Chassis Broadcast Sheet
- Block 228 ("ENGINE HARN.") = Engine Harness
- Block 252 ("FWD LP. HARN.") = Forward Lamp Harness

Photos of any wiring harness tags that you may have would be greatly appreciated.

- Bernie
Black Custom Interior

anything