Author Topic: Quoting another post  (Read 6020 times)

sftibbs

• View Profile
Quoting another post
« on: December 06, 2009, 06:10:52 AM »
Kurt,

I'm trying to figure out how one can copy a portion of another's post and paste in their reply (it shows up in a purple box). Any help is appreciated.
'69 SS350

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: Quoting another post
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 10:12:03 PM »
Kurt,

I'm trying to figure out how one can copy a portion of another's post and paste in their reply (it shows up in a purple box). Any help is appreciated.
There's a box labeled "QUOTE" that is to the right of the date of their post. Click it and it will include the quote in the reply.
Kurt S
CRG

Buddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 03:41:01 PM »
There's a box labeled "QUOTE" that is to the right of the date of their post. Click it and it will include the quote in the reply.

Don't forget to highlight and copy the txt first,  the quote icon looks like a txt balloon.

;)

sftibbs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 05:44:52 PM »
Thanks guys. It must be a setting I need to change. When I hit "Quote" it copies the text but the word "quote" shows up next to it in parentheses. Or if I highlight in purple, the word "purple" shows up in paretheses next to the quote. I will figure it out, thanks again.
'69 SS350

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 02:46:51 AM »
That's just computer code that tells it to make the box around the text. When you actually post the message, those bracketed words go away and the box is there instead.
Kurt S
CRG

anything