Author Topic: Clip for the starter interrup switch  (Read 2962 times)

sixt9x33rs

• View Profile
Clip for the starter interrup switch
« on: December 20, 2009, 02:32:25 PM »
My car is a 69 Z and I have lost the clip that holds the small rod that is connected to the clutch/starter safety switch. This is the rod that goes through the hole above the clutch pad. This rod is connected to a switch and when the clutch is pushed in the circuit for the starter is complete when starting. The clip is connected to the end of the rod on the switch side, held by what looks like a small hairpin clip. I have the white bushing that goes through the hole on the clutch pedal. I see the rod then goes through this bushing. But I dont know what the clip looks like for the rod/bushing side. Should I just use a small "hairpin" clip? If anyone has a picture of what this clip looks like and can post I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lawrence
'69 RS Z/28 65B, 711 Flat hood no spoiler, endura, 4:10 43K miles
69 X77 Z/28 69 69 711 Original Paint Unrestored (Sold)
'69 X66 Convertible 69B 712 auto, (Sold) 44K miles

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Clip for the starter interrup switch
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 03:53:07 PM »
<<My car is a 69 Z and I have lost the clip that holds the small rod that is connected to the clutch/starter safety switch. This is the rod that goes through the hole above the clutch pad. This rod is connected to a switch and when the clutch is pushed in the circuit for the starter is complete when starting. The clip is connected to the end of the rod on the switch side, held by what looks like a small hairpin clip. I have the white bushing that goes through the hole on the clutch pedal. I see the rod then goes through this bushing. But I dont know what the clip looks like for the rod/bushing side. Should I just use a small "hairpin" clip? If anyone has a picture of what this clip looks like and can post I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lawrence >>

The pedal end of the switch actuating rod uses the same small "hairpin" clip that's used on the switch end, as shown in the Assembly Manual in UPC 6, sheet B10, item #4. Photo of the setup below, but you can't see the two clips - they're on the inboard side of the switch lever and pedal.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

sixt9x33rs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2009, 05:17:47 PM »
John,

Thanks for the picture, but I am looking for a picture of the retaining clip that keeps the rod in the bushing attached to the clutch lever.

'69 RS Z/28 65B, 711 Flat hood no spoiler, endura, 4:10 43K miles
69 X77 Z/28 69 69 711 Original Paint Unrestored (Sold)
'69 X66 Convertible 69B 712 auto, (Sold) 44K miles

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 04:41:33 PM »
John,

Thanks for the picture, but I am looking for a picture of the retaining clip that keeps the rod in the bushing attached to the clutch lever.

It's the same little hairpin retainer that's used on the switch end of the rod - same retainer on both ends, as shown in the Assembly Manual.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG