Author Topic: Anyone have pics of the routing of the fuel lines for a 68?  (Read 3207 times)

jims68z

• View Profile
Anyone have pics of the routing of the fuel lines for a 68?
« on: December 16, 2009, 05:46:36 PM »
I purchased stainless fuel line for my 68 from Classic Industries.  The lines was folded to fit in the shipping box.  I straightened it out but can not seem to get the bends right to get into the engine compartment.  It seems to fit well from mid door all the way back but I just can not figure out how it goes into the engine compartment and how the bends should be correct to transition from the rocker panel to the subframe.

Anyone have pictures or advice?

fireZ

• View Profile
Re: Anyone have pics of the routing of the fuel lines for a 68?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 01:09:22 AM »
I put a single fuel line on my 68 Z and I had to put the car up on a hoist so I could get it up around the sub-frame and to the fuel pump. It fit real tight and I had to do some bending and twisting to get it in correct ???
1968 Z28 LA Built
LIC # RPO Z28

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone have pics of the routing of the fuel lines for a 68?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 04:28:52 PM »
I purchased stainless fuel line for my 68 from Classic Industries.  The lines was folded to fit in the shipping box.  I straightened it out but can not seem to get the bends right to get into the engine compartment.  It seems to fit well from mid door all the way back but I just can not figure out how it goes into the engine compartment and how the bends should be correct to transition from the rocker panel to the subframe.

Anyone have pictures or advice?

See the illustrations in your Assembly Manual, UPC 8, sheet B3.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

anything