Author Topic: Passenger side rearview mirror location  (Read 5070 times)

Paul67

• View Profile
Passenger side rearview mirror location
« on: April 08, 2006, 12:39:38 AM »
This is my question, I have a 67 convert that I' am restoring and I would like to know if a passenger side rear view mirror was an option in 67, I think it was. If so I need to know how far back was the mirror from the front of the door? Were they the same distance? I understand that it is farther back than the drivers side due to the drivers field of vision sitting in the seat and the passenger side wing window. 

Any documentation or help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Passenger side rearview mirror location
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 06:24:20 PM »
There was no factory option for a right side outside mirror in '67, but it was available as a dealer-installed accessory item.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 12:19:26 PM »
Yes, and if you do not put it further back, you can barely use it, without turning it all the way toward the driver.

You might want to look at this: http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=24.0

Of course, my wife thinks the passenger side mirror is for her as the "co-pilot"...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 12:22:02 PM by lakeholme »
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

Paul67

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 06:50:19 PM »
Thanks for the response you guys. If it was a dealer installed option do you know what the measurement was so I can locate it correctly. Or do you know where I can get some documentation.

bertfam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 07:50:21 PM »
Paul,

Originals came with a template (like the example below) that you would use to position the mirror and drill the holes. However, most of the time the dealer would just "eyeball" it! If you can't find a template, just take the dimensions from your drivers side and transfer it to the passengers side.

Ed