Author Topic: Reproduction Kustom Headers on eBay  (Read 7971 times)

zzmike

• View Profile
Reproduction Kustom Headers on eBay
« on: October 18, 2005, 02:40:01 AM »
I am not sure if these headers are correct, as I recall the primary flanges on Kustom headers were square cut on the ends, not tapered like these.  Any input??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-69-Camaro-Z28-Factory-Headers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34204QQitemZ4581971464QQrdZ1
1968 Crossram Z/28 Camaro

guinns-engineering

• Camaro Documentation and Cross Ram Services
    • View Profile
    • Guinns Engineering
Re: Reproduction Kustom Headers on eBay
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 04:53:55 AM »
The flanges on the auction headers have a few problems with them. While the ends are fairly close, the flanges on Kustom built headers, as well the other manufactures that built for Chevrolet, used a “cut-out” flange design, not simply notched as the action headers are. Please refer to the article on Rob Starks Cross Ram off the "Prestige Page" below:

http://www.guinns-engineering.com/Documented%20Components.htm

In addition, the pipes appear to be only Mandrel bent, where as the second design (PN #3916383-84) Z/28 headers had a few spots that were partially cut, reformed and Heli-Arched. Also note the collector style is incorrect and length of the primary and collector tubing is off.

Unfortunately, I have not finished the Ricks Factory Header article on the "Prestige Page" that goes quite deeply into the topic. Please stay tuned and check back to the page frequently for updates to information related to the HD options

Regards - Wayne
Guinns Engineering
Three Bridges NJ

zzmike

• View Profile
Re: Reproduction Kustom Headers on eBay
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 03:09:30 PM »
Thanks Wayne!!

As always, your expertise and valuable input are greatly appreciated.
1968 Crossram Z/28 Camaro

anything