Author Topic: Parking Light Housing  (Read 8177 times)

wolfe1

Parking Light Housing
« on: November 03, 2005, 07:08:24 PM »
I have a '69 Z28. Can anyone tell me what color (front and back) the parking light housings in the lower front valance should be? It appears that they may have been painted the original body color under the lens, the back I'm not sure. Thanks for your help. 

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Parking Light Housing
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 03:29:52 PM »
There should be no body color paint on them, as they were installed long after the valance was painted; presence of body color paint indicates that the car was re-painted at some point with the lamps in place. They were originally zinc or zinc-cad plated on the back side.  :)
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

wolfe1

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 08:19:42 PM »
Thanks for the info. The reason I thought they were painted the body color is because the car was silver.

m22mike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 12:34:54 PM »
I have a '69 Z28. Can anyone tell me what color (front and back) the parking light housings in the lower front valance should be? It appears that they may have been painted the original body color under the lens, the back I'm not sure. Thanks for your help.

Out of about 5, 69 Camaros I have taken apart one set of parking light lense's were bright cad (silver) the others were cad yellow like the brake boosters. The backs of the lamp sockets that are crimped in place look to be coper plating. Hope this helps.
                                                                            Mike
X66 L78 M22 4.10 Deluxe Threads, PNT 10/10, Red Hockey stripe