Author Topic: HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD YOUR CAR AND WHAT DID YOU PAY FOR IT ?  (Read 21408 times)

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
Re: HOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD YOUR CAR AND WHAT DID YOU PAY FOR IT ?
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2009, 01:48:06 PM »
$6200.00 for my 69 RS Z in 1982. Was huge money then. Still looks great and runs great. Has not been re-painted since then, but engine rebuilt and other mechanical work done. Still has original engine, trans, and rear, etc. I was lucky to get this one. Didn't buy it to make money, but only for that little 302!!

Jimmy V.
Jimmy V.

Steve Shauger

• View Profile
    • Vintage Certification
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2009, 10:53:35 PM »
I purchased my first 69 Z in 1976. It was a rs as well and was hugger orange, black vinyl and stripes. I sold in in 1983 when I got married to purchase our first home. I lived in a suburb of philly and purchased the car in Cherry Hill, NJ. I advertised the car in Super Chevy and sold it to a gentlemen in TX. He sold it in 1986 and I have been in pursuit of the car since that time. So for 20 plus years I would call the owner 2-3 times a year hoping he would part with the car. Basically the conversations were always the same; he would ask "how much is it worth now" and nothing more. This past Oct 14th I received a call from the owner Mark S. he stated he wanted to sell. I had to take care of some family issues, but two weeks later I was on a plane to TX. The car needs some work as it hasn't been run for over 15 years, but still retains its original drivetrain and is loaded with options. Well a month worth of negotiation and she is on her way home. Although I haven't owned the car continuously I have owned and pursued the car for 30 years.

Steve Shauger
Vintage Certification™ Program, Providing Recognition And Status To Unrestored Vehicles.  The Supercar Registry-www.yenko.net-

flyingskibiker

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2009, 05:44:00 AM »
Bought my '68 SS in '83 for 4k.  Came with a '66 427/425.  Been working on it ever since, off and on...

Passed up on a '69 Z28 RS hugger orange w/ white stipes for 4900.  Stupid now.  But back then, I was in high school looking for a hot rod.  Makes it worse seeing the exact car, all original, unrestored, at Steve's Camaro Parts...  Then again, I would have probably swapped stuff out as I beat the heck out of it racing around the streets!  If I knew then...