Author Topic: at high revs it stalls and dies out please help.  (Read 3788 times)

joaquin1992

• View Profile
at high revs it stalls and dies out please help.
« on: October 05, 2009, 03:33:53 AM »
i have a 68' ss/rs 350cid and has th350 tranny. i have a new edelbrock 650 cfm carb w/electric choke, and the car idles fine but then after i hit the gas for a second, the car comes back down to low rpms and eventually dies out. please i tried cleaning out my fuel pump, reconnecting the electric choke, replaced all the old rubber fuel lines, idk what else to do. please if anyone knows what can be wrong, o and both the cables for the battery where tight and connected rite.

Oregonjam

• 68 ss350
    • View Profile
Re: at high revs it stalls and dies out please help.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 03:08:27 PM »
More info would help... What is the carb make? What other changes did you make at the time of carb install? Vacuum or mechanical secondaries?

Jusy ciurious, is the 350 trans original for the car and what is the builddate?
68 07D SS350
John

tmodel66

• View Profile
Re: at high revs it stalls and dies out please help.
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 01:01:14 PM »
Did it ever run right after you got it put together?  If it did you might have a bowl full of trash and the float is stuck.  Something might have got in the needle and seat  allowing enough fuel to idle.  You might have trash in the accelerator pump blocking fuel flow.  Last but not least you have a major vacuum leak.  Did the gasket cover all the ports on the intake?  I have seen  gaskets that are for several applications and sometime I didn't check the coverage on intake til something like this happened.
Daniel  
'69 SS 350/4 speed  Fathom Green--POP

anything