Author Topic: non org crossram dist,wiring,coil?  (Read 4155 times)

hotz

• View Profile
non org crossram dist,wiring,coil?
« on: November 05, 2009, 07:10:42 PM »
Hello,
I am working on a 69 z28. I would like to put on a non orig crossram. Does anybody know what kind or where to get a dist, coil, and  wiring harness that would work that would not break the bank? Or what would the requirement be to make this work?  Also would I still need the amp? Thanks!!! Any other info/pointers would be helpful!!!

Mark

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: non org crossram dist,wiring,coil?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 02:59:12 AM »
Whats the matter with the stock setup?  The transistorized ignition was not included when you bought your crossram intake over the counter, it was a separate over the counter installation.  All you need is a bracket to mount your stock coil on the firewall and your good to go.
Mark C.
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

hotz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 08:12:54 PM »
For some reason I thought you needed a "hotter" coil/ amp and dist. You are saying the coil and dist that I have which is just the regular one will work? Thanks 

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 03:45:46 PM »
For some reason I thought you needed a "hotter" coil/ amp and dist. You are saying the coil and dist that I have which is just the regular one will work? Thanks 

Yes - the stock distributor and coil will work just fine; the cross-ram setup doesn't add anything that changes the requirements for the ignition system.
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

hotz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 04:45:09 PM »
THANK YOU for your HELP. YOU GUYS are GREAT!!!!!

anything