Author Topic: Convertible Molding/Window fuzzy  (Read 3424 times)

BILL69

• 69 Conv. auto/ ac/ ps/ pb/ pt LA built
    • View Profile
Convertible Molding/Window fuzzy
« on: September 30, 2009, 12:27:04 AM »
I took this car apart about a year ago for paint and it's almost back together.   I am installing the pinch weld trim and 1/4 window fuzzys.   My memory fails me at this point.  Do the fuzzys go on first then the molding over them,  or the other way around?  A screw holds the end of the molding,  does it pass through the fuzzy?  I have tried to find pictures showing this assembly but haven't been successfull.  Any help would be gretly appreciated.
Be American   Buy American

KevinW

• View Profile
Re: Convertible Molding/Window fuzzy
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 10:17:50 AM »
Bill, the rear fuzzies have 2 screws, one on each end.  The pinchweld has the tab the rear screw goes through.  Ideally they should go on at the same time, but that takes a lot of hands :)  you can get them on seperately in either order I think, but the round trim of the fuzzie fits inside that little edge on the molding and the molding screw tab fits in-between fuzzie and qtr.  I put the molding on first, then the fuzzie and it was a pain, but I think it would be a pain either way.  and awl is your friend for locating the screw holes! If you are drilling new holes, make sure the molding is pressed down tight against the qtr when you locate the hole for a nice fit.

BILL69

• 69 Conv. auto/ ac/ ps/ pb/ pt LA built
    • View Profile
Re: Convertible Molding/Window fuzzy
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:23:55 PM »
Thank you for the info Kevin.  I was fairly sure that was the correct procedure but it never hurts to ask,  I only want to do this once!
Be American   Buy American

anything